Feb. 9 marks National Pizza Day.
10 pizza facts:
1. The highest-grossing single-unit independent pizzeria in the nation, Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, is in Anchorage , Alaska. Its annual sales are approximately $6 million.
2. 36 percent of all pizza orders want their pizza topping pepperoni.
3. 94 percent of Americans eat pizza regularly.
4. And that is precisely why the top 5 pizza sales days are: Super Bowl Sunday, New Year's Eve, Halloween, the night before Thanksgiving, & New Year's Day.
5. 93 percent of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month.
6. Pizza accounts for more than 10 percent of all food service sales.
7. On Super Bowl Sunday, pizza delivery drivers can expect $2 tips to sometimes soar as high as $20.
8. Domino's delivery drivers will log about 4 million miles on Super Bowl Sunday.
9. Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza a day or about 350 slices per second.
10. Each person in America eats about 46 pizza slices a year.