When St. Helena Island native Candice Glover was crowned the season 12 winner of "American Idol" in May, her record label, 19 Recordings/Interscope Records, announced her debut album was expected to be released just two months later.
On July 8, Glover announced via Twitter that the release of the album, "Music Speaks," had been pushed back to Oct. 8.
But fans are going to have to wait a little longer still.
On Monday, Glover announced her album release has been delayed again, this time to Feb. 18.
"I know it's taking a bit longer than expected to get my album out, but I have been working hard in the studio with some amazing people, and I want to get it just right for you guys!" Glover said in a news release.
She later tweeted, "So excited for everyone to hear #MusicSpeaks. Thanks so much for the support!"
Her album has been available for pre-order on iTunes since May, and it features her "Idol" coronation song and debut single "I Am Beautiful," which peaked at No. 33 on the R&B Billboard charts.
Fans got another preview of the album in August when the IDOL Live! summer tour -- featuring Glover and the other "Idol" finalists -- stopped in Charleston. There, Glover performed "In the Middle," an original song co-written by Season 3 winner Fantasia Barrino that will be on "Music Speaks." In between shows of the 30-stop tour, Glover would fly back to Los Angeles to record in the studio.
With the conclusion of the "Idol" tour, Glover returned to Beaufort County in September for "Candice for a Cure," a free concert at Tanger Outlet Center 1 in greater Bluffton, which helped raise $16,000 for Beaufort Memorial Hospital's Keyserling Cancer Center.
- "'Idol' Candice Glover helps raise $16,000 for Beaufort County cancer center"
- "Glover to release album in Oct., perform at all-star game"
- "'So happy to be home,' 'Idol' winner Glover treats crowd to old, new songs"
- "'American Idol' winner Candice Glover: 'I don't want it to make me a diva'"
- "'American Idol' season 12 winner Candice Glover: 'For some strange reason, I just knew it would work out'"
- "America voted: It's Candice! Glover takes 'American Idol' crown; Kree Harrison places second"