Saturday fire damages Burton home

newsroom@islandpacket.comMay 10, 2014 

A Burton family was temporarily displaced from their home following a fire Saturday, according to the Burton Fire Department.

Crews called to the home in the 1400 block of Pine Grove Road about 2 p.m. found flames and smoke spilling from the structure, Lt. Chris Moyer said. The residents had made their way outside, uninjured, he said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, which caused about $5,000 in damage.

The fire began on the porch and was not suspicious in nature, Moyer said. A cigarette may have sparked the blaze, he said.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service