Fire damages Port Royal apartment

newsroom@islandpacket.comApril 12, 2014 

A Port Royal family was temporarily displaced from their home following a kitchen fire Saturday morning, according to the Beaufort-Port Royal Fire Department.

Firefighters called to the Stuart Lane apartment about 8:50 a.m. found the residents had already extinguished flames from a stovetop fire, Capt. Larry DeLoach said. No injuries were reported, and the apartment sustained minor damage, he said.

The family of two adults and an infant received financial assistance and comfort kits from the American Red Cross, according to a news release.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service