Minor house fire on Hilton Head

info@islandpacket.comJanuary 30, 2014 

A fire caused minor smoke damage to a home Thursday morning, according to the Hilton Head Island Fire & Rescue Division.

Firefighters arrived at a two-story house in the 100 block of Coggins Point Road about 9:20 a.m. to find an air conditioning unit had shorted out, according to the division.

The unit was smoking heavily but firefighters prevented it from sparking a larger fire. A man and his cat were evacuated without injuries.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service