Saturday fire damages Port Royal home

Staff reportsJanuary 18, 2014 

A Port Royal home was damaged in a fire Saturday evening, a Beaufort Fire Department official said.

The department arrived at the1904 Lenora Drive residence about 5 p.m. to find flames had spread from a chimney into the crawlspace of the two-story home, Capt. Larry DeLoach said.

A homeowner and a cat were home at the time, but escaped uninjured, he said.

About 20 percent of the house was damaged, though an estimate of the cost was not available late Saturday.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service