Bluffton chimney fire does little damage

info@islandpacket.comJanuary 4, 2014 

The Bluffton Township Fire District fought a chimney fire on Saturday afternoon at an Alston Park at New Riverside home on Wyndham Drive.

A chimney fire at a Bluffton home Saturday afternoon caused minimal damage, according to the Bluffton Township Fire District.

Firefighters could see flames coming from the chimney when they arrived at the Alston Park at New Riverside home on Wyndham Drive about 12:30 p.m., fire district spokesman Randy Hunter said.

The flames were extinguished quickly, Hunter said.

At least one resident was home at the time but no injuries were reported and the house is still inhabitable, according to Hunter.

A damage estimate was not available Saturday afternoon.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service