Katherine Ann McElwain, 81, of Fripp Island and wife of James E. McElwain Sr., died Friday, Jan. 3, 2014, at her home. Visitation is from 9 a.m. Saturday until a memorial Mass at 10 a.m. at St. Peters Catholic Church. Burial will be in St. Peter's Memorial Gardens. Donations be made to Beaufort Women's Center (beaufortwomenscenter.blogspot.com); Priests for Life (priestsforlife.org) or the Wounded Warrior Project (woundedwarriorproject.org). Arrangements by Anderson Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Beaufort News
- Local News
- State News
- Crime & Public Safety
- Politics & Elections
- The Hilton Head Island St. Patricks Day Parade 2014
- Hilton Head St. Patrick's Day parade avoids bad weather, draws big crowds
- 2 Marine veterans turned authors to sign books at Parris Island
- School district to revamp sick-day policy; hopes to keep teachers in classrooms
- NCAA Tournament: UVA joins Florida, Arizona, Wichita State as No. 1 seeds
- Tigers' Iglesias has stress fractures in both legs
- 10 things to know about the NCAA tournament
- Edwards leads Ford sweep at rain-soaked Bristol
- Movie Trailers
- Event Calendar
- Food & Drink
- Study Break: 'I love a good bargain'
- On Stage: Main Street Youth Theatre takes on Broadway's 'Music of the Night'
- Photos and video: Hilton Head Island Wine and Food Festival
- What's her secret?: 'Love them, kiss them, hug them'
- County makes right call on reserve fund changes
- Equitable outcome should be our goal
- Thankful to live in US where I enjoy freedom
- Earlier school start time is good and bad for kids
- Bluffton to discuss undisclosed business for Buckwalter Place
- Benefits emerge as Ala schools embrace technology
- US homebuilder confidence edges higher in March
- Texas makes final push for insurance enrollment
- Local Deals