Video: Christmas tree fire burns down Marine's home in Beaufort

Published at 5:45 p.m. on January 3, 2014 | Modified at 7:27 p.m. on January 3, 2014

David Ingles, a Marine living in Beaufort, stands in the room of his rental home the afternoon of Jan. 3, 2014, where his Christmas tree caught on fire just before midnight. Ingles was asleep when the fire started and was woken by his 2-year-old Boston terrier named Hammer in time to get out.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service