Fire damages Hilton Head Island units

info@islandpacket.comDecember 12, 2013 

MORGUEFILE.COM

A fire that started in a stove damaged several homes on Hilton Head Island Wednesday evening, according to a news release.

Two families whose homes were damaged in the 100 block of Woodhaven Drive on Hilton Head received financial assistance from the American Red Cross, the release said.

The apartment of a family of two adults and two children was heavily damaged by fire at about 6:45 p.m., and a nearby home occupied by two adults sustained smoke damage, according to the Hilton Head Island Fire & Rescue Division.

The fire started in the stove and caused about $20,000 in damages, the division said.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service