Fire damages Yemassee mobile home

info@islandpacket.comDecember 12, 2013 

MORGUEFILE.COM

A Yemassee mobile home suffered major damage from a fire Wednesday, according to an American Red Cross news release.

The Yemassee Fire Department responded shortly after 9:30 p.m. to the 100 block of Hacklous Road, where an electrical fire had sparked in the back of a stove, Chief Alfred Washington said. The home sustained about $5,000 in damages, largerly from smoke, he said.

A family of one adult and three children were not in the home at the time, Washington said. They received financial assistance for food and clothing and comfort kits of hygiene items from the American Red Cross, according to a news release.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service