Floretta Simmons Holmes, 71, of the Eustis community of Lady's Island and widow of Willie Holmes Jr., died Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at her home. Viewing will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday in Helen Galloway's Memorial Chapel of Chisholm Galloway Home for Funerals. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the Burton New Church of Christ Holiness Unto the Lord in Burton.
- All News
- Beaufort News
- Local News
- State News
- Crime & Public Safety
- Election News
- Man breaks through store wall to steal beer
- Montessori charter school on track to open this fall
- Sales-tax holiday should keep Beaufort County retailers busy
- Starbucks project remains in limbo as details hashed out
- Hilton Head looking for a different outcome this year at World Series
- Gamecocks, Tigers in the NFL: Story lines as training camps open
- Whale Branch defensive lineman Nyles Pinckney ranked among nation's best by Rivals
- NASCAR penalizes Denny Hamlin’s Sprint Cup team
- All Entertainment/Living
- Movie Trailers
- Event Calendar
- Food & Drink
- Flash mob gathers for impromptu 5K races in Beaufort
- Professional Opinion: Is there any way to stop eye twitches?
- Chef Christopher Carge of The Black Marlin Bayside Grill: 'I would feel confident putting our local oysters up against any others'
- Pressure is on for Savannah cooks in Travel Channel's 'American Grilled'
- District cannot win with graduation change
- Shuttle service best idea for Office Park, Coligny
- Beaufort proudly welcomes Warlords
- City Council should reflect the community
- Guatemala to Sioux Falls: A long immigration road
- Nehi operation now distributes soft drinks
- Get to know Robbie Bunting
- This Date In Baseball
- Local Deals