Name: Deiha Torin
Church: Island Lutheran Church on Hilton Head Island
Town: Hilton Head Island
Member for: 15 years
Activity in church: Preschool director and Sunday school teacher for the past 13 years
The reward. The children will sometimes cry when they're going home because they've had such a good time at school and want to stay.
Busy days. There are so many things I want to introduce to the children and there's never enough time to get it all in there.
A heart for children. My daughter was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis when she was 10, and it makes me aware of every child's special need. I'll try and go a little further to show them Christ's love.
Kids' favorite. A lot of children like Noah's Ark. They have fun learning about the animals and rainbows.
Praise. "She has an incredible gift with children, which has led to a stellar reputation in our community," Island Lutheran Pastor Larry Eckhart said.
Follow reporter Laura Oberle at twitter.com/IPBG_Laura.
OTHER FAITH AND VALUES STORIES BY LAURA OBERLE
- 'Thanksgivukkah' poses possibilities, problems for Beaufort County Jewish families
- Hilton Head Island priest wins New Yorker caption contest
- 'Fred the Fantastique': Retired minister revels in bringing joy through magic tricks
- Live to Give: Hilton Head Island woman draws from past to bring hope to kids' futures
- Beaufort resident Charlie Frost helps choose music for national Presbyterian hymnal, 'Glory to God'