Victoria Square garage fire causes damage

info@islandpacket.comNovember 5, 2013 

A Victoria Square garage fire was extinguished by Hilton Head Island Fire and Rescue crews in 13 minutes Monday night, according to a release.

Responding to a report of smoke at Victoria Square, firefighters arrived to the garage at 9:32 p.m., the release stated. The fire was out at 9:45 p.m.

Three engines, a truck company and other fire and rescue personnel responded to the fire, which caused damage to the garage walls, doors and contents.

According to the release, the fire originated in an area of the garage where household chemicals and lawn fertilizers were stored.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service