Update: Missing Lady's Island man safe, authorities say

October 8, 2013 

A Lady's Island man who disappeared Sunday night after reported domestic dispute with his wife has been located and is safe, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff's Office investigator.

Michael Hernandez, 33, faces no charges at this time, according to Sheriff's Office Investigator John Kelleher, who confirmed the man has been located.

Hernandez was reported missing by his wife following a disturbance Sunday at their Sherwood Lane home. Deputies went to the home after receiving an anonymous call, according to a Sheriff's Office news release Monday. Hernandez's wife told deputies he had left after assaulting her, and authorities said they believed he was traveling to Orlando, Fla., but had been unable to reach him.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service