- Beaufort County School District superintendent Jeffrey Moss invites the community to attend a town hall-style Bluffton cluster meeting from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Bluffton High School Auditorium.
- Mention "BLMS Spirit Night" when ordering between 5 and 9 p.m. Oct. 1 at Fiddlehead Pizza, and the PTO will receive 5 percent of all sales.
- The PTO cookie dough fundraiser will run through Thursday. Please place your orders today.
- Top AR Readers for the week ending 9/13: Second grade: Keely Langhals, Junior Carmona, Dylan Sampson, Camryn Webster, Isaiah Anderson and Tripp Hedden. Third grade: Oliver Bennett, Charity Saba, Allison Taylor, Benjamin Atkins, Isabelle Taylor, Ben Eddy and Hudson Buck. Fourth grade: Christian Naddy, Liza Allen, Abby Jacobs, Emma Moore and Mary Bashaw.
- Come pray with the students, faculty and families from 7 to 7:40 a.m. Wednesday for "See You at the Pole."
- The school's PTO will hold their Riley Run Pep Rally on Friday. Students will collect pledges for their Riley Run to take place during the following weeks.
- Volunteers are needed for the Rotary Reader and mentoring programs. For the reader program, volunteers are needed to read on a weekly basis with individual students at the school. Details: 843-706-8345.
- Volunteers are needed for the Operation Take Flight program to tutor kindergarten students. An orientation meeting for the program will be held at 4 p.m. Oct. 10 in the Early Childhood Center's media room. Details:Kathy Wipper, 843-707-0800.
- The school is having its fourth annual "Foxes Trot 5K" race on Oct. 12. The registration fee - $10 for students and $15 for adults - includes an official race T-shirt. To register online, go to http://bit.ly/16eiF1H
- Art teacher Sarah Perry has been named the 2013-14 Teacher of the Year. Perry's art lessons encourage students to explore their creativity; develop confidence; and boost problem-solving skills, perseverance, focus and their ability to communicate non-verbally. Perry will be recognized Nov. 14 by the Hilton Head Island Rotary Club.
- Fourth-grade student Amelie Ratliff won first chair, first violin concertmaster in the Armstrong Atlantic Lyric Youth Orchestra.
- A Parent Ed Cafe will be held at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. The topic is "So you want to be a substitute?"
- The school will hold its 2nd Annual Bowling with the Stars Athletic Fundraiser from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at AMF Main Street Lanes. The cost is $20 per person and includes two hours of unlimited bowling and shoe rental. To attend: 843-681-6501, ext. 227 by Tuesday.
- School Mass is celebrated at 10 a.m. every Wednesday in the church. All are welcome to attend.
- The school will host a school spirit night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdayat Chick-Fil-A in Bluffton. All proceeds and tips from that evening will be donated to the Franciscan Center on St. Helena Island.