Port Royal fire displaces two

info@islandpacket.comSeptember 6, 2013 

MORGUEFILE.COM

American Red Cross volunteers assisted two victims of a Port Royal apartment fire Friday afternoon, according to a news release from the organization.

The fire, at 2208 Southside Blvd., began about 4:30 p.m. The Port Royal Fire Department responded to the blaze, which caused minor damage, the release said.

The Red Cross provided the victims with money for lost food and temporary shelter. It also provided comfort kits and referrals to partner agencies to assist with long-term recovery, the release said.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service