Melvin Simmons, 83, a native of Grays Hill and son of the late Ephriam and Julia Simmons, died Monday, July 22, 2013, in Philadelphia. Visitation will be at 9:30 a.m. Monday until funeral services at 10:30 a.m. at White Rock Baptist Church of Philadelphia. Burial will follow in Rolling Green Cemetery of Philadelphia. Arrangements by Savin Funeral Home of Philadelphia.
- Beaufort News
- Local News
- State News
- Crime & Public Safety
- Politics & Elections
- Report: Marine could become first from SC to receive Medal of Honor since Vietnam War
- Hit-and-run cases rise in Beaufort County
- Couple request class-action status in lawsuit against Hilton Head timeshare
- Hilton Head security officer, deputy honored for service
- C.A. Johnson beats Whale Branch boys in OT for 1A state title
- Alabama's Meadow, Duke women leading Darius Rucker tournament at Long Cove
- Bluffton boys fight off Beaufort High to win Beaufort Cup, 2-1
- Prep Roundup, March 8: Beaufort High girls win Diamond Hornets track meet
- Movie Trailers
- Event Calendar
- Food & Drink
- Ruth Graham talks honesty, hope and being her father's daughter
- In Good Faith: 'We're celebrating life and all the good in life'
- In case you missed it in Lowcountry Life, March 9
- Sue Monk Kidd ideal author to tell story in 'The Invention of Wings'
- Voice for the Lowcountry birds sings sad song
- Public officials must first show need for tax increase
- Federal flood bill aims to help underwater S.C.
- Leonard Pitts Jr.: Laughter and grief belong together
- BAE report says Ukraine has faced cyberattacks
- Lawmakers revisit Michigan foreclosure rules
- Interpol: passports on flights must be checked
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Local Deals