Learn to Sail, a camp for children ages 8 to 17 with little to no sailing experience, is in its 21st season this year. The camp basics: rigging and un-rigging boats, rules of the road on the water, how to handle capsizing, sail trim, tacking and jibing. It is run by the South Carolina Yacht Club.
- Beaufort News
- Local News
- State News
- Crime & Public Safety
- Politics & Elections
- Report: Marine could become first from SC to receive Medal of Honor since Vietnam War
- Hit-and-run cases rise in Beaufort County
- Couple request class-action status in lawsuit against Hilton Head timeshare
- Hilton Head security officer, deputy honored for service
- C.A. Johnson beats Whale Branch boys in OT for 1A state title
- Alabama's Meadow, Duke women leading Darius Rucker tournament at Long Cove
- Bluffton boys fight off Beaufort High to win Beaufort Cup, 2-1
- Prep Roundup, March 8: Beaufort High girls win Diamond Hornets track meet
- Movie Trailers
- Event Calendar
- Food & Drink
- Ruth Graham talks honesty, hope and being her father's daughter
- In Good Faith: 'We're celebrating life and all the good in life'
- In case you missed it in Lowcountry Life, March 9
- Sue Monk Kidd ideal author to tell story in 'The Invention of Wings'
- Voice for the Lowcountry birds sings sad song
- Public officials must first show need for tax increase
- Federal flood bill aims to help underwater S.C.
- Leonard Pitts Jr.: Laughter and grief belong together
- Comcast challenging Disney's hold on tourism trade
- US to assist in Malaysia air crash investigation
- Interpol: Passports on flights must be checked
- China to tighten rules against pollution
- Local Deals