Small kitchen fire damages Beaufort apartment Tuesday night

info@islandpacket.comJune 19, 2013 

A kitchen fire caused minimal damage to a Beaufort apartment in the Parkview Apartment complex on Duke Street Tuesday night.

An unattended pot on the stove started the fire at about 10 p.m. It was put out with a fire extinguisher, according to a Beaufort Fire Department spokesman Capt. John Robinson.

There were no injuries. Two adults and two children living in the apartment have been temporarily displaced from their home, and were assisted by the Red Cross, Robinson said.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service