Battery Creek students hospitalized after swallowing pills, malt liquor

info@islandpacket.comMay 10, 2013 

Three Battery Creek High School students were hospitalized Tuesday after each swallowed as many as 10 cold-medicine pills to get high, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff's Office report.

One of the students told deputies she and a second student took the pills with Four Loko malt liquor, according to the report.

The student also told deputies she and her friends had taken 12 pills Monday to try to get high, according to the report. She was taken to Beaufort Memorial Hospital after she became disoriented and dizzy.

Deputies determined the other two students needed to be taken to the hospital after they were examined. According to the report, one student was lethargic, while the other became agitated when talking to the deputies and began speaking incoherently.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service