A second Battery Creek High School student has been charged in connection with a fire Dec. 21 in a field house bathroom at the school.
Leroy Earvy Prince, 17, was charged Feb. 12, the same day as his friend, James Michael Gillentine, 17. The two admitted they were playing with lighters in the bathroom near the football field, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff's Office report.
The fire caused about $4,000 in damage, the report said.
The students set a paper towel dispenser on fire, the Sheriff's Office said.
The report describing the event was not released until Friday.
Both Prince and Gillentine were released from the Beaufort County Detention Center on their own recognizance the day of their arrests.