Small grease fire quickly extinguished at Bluffton Food Lion Wednesday evening

info@islandpacket.comFebruary 14, 2013 

A small grease fire occurred in the Bluffton Food Lion deli Wednesday evening.

SUBMITTED

A small grease fire broke out Wednesday evening at the Bluffton Food Lion, but was quickly extinguished.

At about 6:15 p.m., Bluffton Township Fire District firefighters were called to the Food Lion on Fording Island Road. A small grease fire had started in the deli area of the store.

An employee was able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher. One engine company and one truck company remained on scene to help the store with smoke removal.

Customers were allowed back within the building within 30 minutes.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service