A three-vehicle wreck involving this school bus on Wednesday in Burton resulted in minor injuries to a car passenger. A sedan, an SUV and the bus -- carrying 14 elementary school students believed to be from Laurel Bay -- crashed on Goethe Hill Road near its intersection with Parris Island Gateway around 3 p.m., said Battalion Chief Matt Maichel of the Burton Fire District. He did not know what caused the accident. A passenger in the car had minor cuts, but did not require hospitalization, he said. None of the children was injured. Another bus came to pick up the children. Maichel said the wrecked bus was believed to have been from one of the Department of Defense schools at Laurel Bay, but officials at Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort and Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island were unable to provide further information.
- Beaufort News
- Local News
- State News
- Crime & Public Safety
- Politics & Elections
- Report: Marine could become first from SC to receive Medal of Honor since Vietnam War
- Hit-and-run cases rise in Beaufort County
- Couple request class-action status in lawsuit against Hilton Head timeshare
- Hilton Head security officer, deputy honored for service
- C.A. Johnson defeats Whale Branch boys in OT for 1A state title
- Whale Branch tough to get past; just ask some coaches
- Palmetto Bluff hosting 2nd half marathon on Sunday
- Time lapse video of the Palmetto Bluff Half Marathon course
- Movie Trailers
- Event Calendar
- Food & Drink
- Ruth Graham talks honesty, hope and being her father's daughter
- In Good Faith: 'We're celebrating life and all the good in life'
- In case you missed it in Lowcountry Life, March 9
- Sue Monk Kidd ideal author to tell story in 'The Invention of Wings'
- Federal flood bill aims to help underwater S.C.
- Not all grocery stores need to be huge boxes
- Lawmakers learning about how they can help
- SC better off without education chief, Zais
- Hargray raising cable, Internet prices; more fee hikes likely
- New prizes at stake at annual piano competition
- Bigger pig pens create challenges for farmers
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Local Deals