Nurse Karen Lazzo demonstrates the use of a portable monitor Tuesday in a trauma room at Beaufort Memorial Hospital's new $14.5 million emergency center, which opens today to patients. The Dr. George N. Pratt and Sarah Meyer Pratt Emergency Center is 20,500 square feet, more than twice the size of the previous ER, and can accommodate 45 patients, up from 24. It has a 45-seat waiting area, 26 private rooms, two triage rooms, two trauma rooms, decontamination areas and isolation rooms. Plans include a kiosk where patients can check in by swiping a driver's licenses or ID. For more information, go to www.bmhsc.org.
- All News
- Beaufort News
- Local News
- State News
- Crime & Public Safety
- Election News
- Minor injuries sustained in two-car wreck on Bluffton Parkway
- Woman, pets died in Shell Point fire under SLED investigation
- In wake of crashes, safety audit planned for U.S. 278 in Bluffton
- Fruit flies at Beaufort Tomato Festival
- Garrett Rank still in command after third round of Players Amateur
- Area teams struggle as Dixie Softball state tournaments open in Bluffton
- Players Amateur notebook: Third round a mixed bag for Bluffton's Balzer
- Netherlands beats host Brazil 3-0 to finish 3rd
- All Entertainment/Living
- Movie Trailers
- Event Calendar
- Food & Drink
- Recommendation from 10-year-old Margaret Zendzian of Bluffton: 'The Sixty-Eight Rooms'
- Flying without kids might just be the most relaxing vacation of all
- Cure for the afternoon thunderstorm: Summer crafts that will keep kids busy (and having fun)
- What's her secret?: 'I pray for wisdom every day'
- Don't back down on sales tax decision
- There's a big delay in appeals process
- Sales tax proposal was rightly shot down
- Crabbing for fun no longer an option
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 p.m. EDT
- Mayor: Cop killer said he was 'going to be famous'
- AP Source: LeBron James signs 2-year contract
- 'Planet of the Apes' thumps chest with $73M debut
- Local Deals