Nurse Karen Lazzo demonstrates the use of a portable monitor Tuesday in a trauma room at Beaufort Memorial Hospital's new $14.5 million emergency center, which opens today to patients. The Dr. George N. Pratt and Sarah Meyer Pratt Emergency Center is 20,500 square feet, more than twice the size of the previous ER, and can accommodate 45 patients, up from 24. It has a 45-seat waiting area, 26 private rooms, two triage rooms, two trauma rooms, decontamination areas and isolation rooms. Plans include a kiosk where patients can check in by swiping a driver's licenses or ID. For more information, go to www.bmhsc.org.
- Beaufort News
- Local News
- State News
- Crime & Public Safety
- Politics & Elections
- The Hilton Head Island St. Patricks Day Parade 2014
- Hilton Head St. Patrick's Day parade avoids bad weather, draws big crowds
- 2 Marine veterans turned authors to sign books at Parris Island
- School district to revamp sick-day policy; hopes to keep teachers in classrooms
- NCAA Tournament: UVA joins Florida, Arizona, Wichita State as No. 1 seeds
- Games are all equal; seedings are not
- 5 things to know about Schalke's visit to Madrid
- Lewiston senior wins Travis Roy Award
- Movie Trailers
- Event Calendar
- Food & Drink
- Photos and video: Hilton Head Island Food and Wine Festival
- Whatever happened to Garth Garreau ...
- On Stage: Main Street Youth Theatre takes on Broadway's 'Music of the Night'
- What's her secret?: 'Love them, kiss them, hug them'
- County makes right call on reserve fund changes
- Equitable outcome should be our goal
- Thankful to live in US where I enjoy freedom
- Earlier school start time is good and bad for kids
- Bluffton to discuss undisclosed business for Buckwalter Place
- Jack Daniel's opposes changing Tenn. whiskey law
- 26 nations involved in search for Malaysian jet
- Vodafone agrees to buy Spain's Ono for $10 billion
- Local Deals