Fire burns Hilton Head Plantation garage

info@islandpacket.comDecember 31, 2012 

A fire burned down the garage of an unoccupied Hilton Head Plantation home early Monday, according to the Town of Hilton Head Fire & Rescue Division.

A neighbor reported that the house on Crepe Myrtle Court was on fire at about 4:30 a.m. with flames showing through the roof, a news release said.

When firefighters arrived, the garage was engulfed in flames. They put out the fire before it caused major damage to the main section of the home.

It appeared the blaze started outside the garage near an electrical outlet and then spread.

No one was at home at the time of the fire.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service