Grover L. and Jane W. Rawlings of Hilton Head Island celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary Oct. 28, 2012. They were married in 1942 in Portland, Ore. Mr. Rawlings retired as a U.S. Navy Captain after 31 years of service in many countries around the world. The couple has lived on Hilton Head since 1972. They have two sons, Grover L. Skip Rawlings and D. Jim Rawlings; and three grandchildren, Adam James Rawlings, Sarah Christine Rawlings and Vanessa Marie Rawlings.
- Beaufort News
- Local News
- State News
- Crime & Public Safety
- Politics & Elections
- Report: Marine could become first from SC to receive Medal of Honor since Vietnam War
- Hit-and-run cases rise in Beaufort County
- Couple request class-action status in lawsuit against Hilton Head timeshare
- Hilton Head security officer, deputy honored for service
- C.A. Johnson beats Whale Branch boys in OT for 1A state title
- Alabama's Meadow, Duke women leading Darius Rucker tournament at Long Cove
- Bluffton boys fight off Beaufort High to win Beaufort Cup, 2-1
- Prep Roundup, March 8: Beaufort High girls win Diamond Hornets track meet
- Movie Trailers
- Event Calendar
- Food & Drink
- Ruth Graham talks honesty, hope and being her father's daughter
- In Good Faith: 'We're celebrating life and all the good in life'
- In case you missed it in Lowcountry Life, March 9
- Sue Monk Kidd ideal author to tell story in 'The Invention of Wings'
- Federal flood bill aims to help underwater S.C.
- Not all grocery stores need to be huge boxes
- Lawmakers learning about how they can help
- SC better off without education chief, Zais
- Hargray raising cable, Internet prices; more fee hikes likely
- Bigger pig pens create challenges for farmers
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Local Deals