A Sumter man accused of stealing a Port Royal firetruck earlier this year and striking and killing a pedestrian was permanently booted from the Corps last week, according to military officials. The Navy and Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals ruled Sept. 6 to uphold the bad-conduct discharge of former Marine Pvt. Kalvin Hunt, 26, who was found guilty of assault and other charges during an April 2011 court-martial, Capt. Jordan Cochran, spokesman for Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, said. 14th Circuit Solicitor Duffie Stone said no trial date has been set but added that he hopes to bring Hunt to trial "within the next several months."