Sheldon family displaced by fire

info@islandpacket.comMay 16, 2012 

A Sheldon couple were displaced by a fire Tuesday that destroyed their home.

The Yemassee and Sheldon fire departments were called to the mobile home on William Campbell Road after reports of a structure fire, according to the Red Cross.

A 53-year-old man living in the home told Beaufort County sheriff's deputies that he fell asleep, and when he awoke, the stove was on fire.

No injuries were reported.

The Red Cross provided the couple with temporary housing, money to replace lost food and clothing, and other items, according to an agency spokeswoman.

The Island Packet is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service