- Students in kindergarten through seventh grade can participate in the Beaufort County School District's free virtual summer school program. Students can work on areas of need or prepare for the coming year using a Web-based tool during the eight-week program. Students will complete CompassLearning sequences in math and language arts each week. The program will be available today through Aug. 5. Registration is available at goo.gl/kUfQJ. BLUFFTON MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Summer school will be Tuesday-Friday and July 11-14. HILTON HEAD CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- The Zonta Club of Hilton Head Island recently named Anna Bensch and Heather Oliver, recent Hilton Head Christian Academy graduates, the recipients of the Club's 2011 Z-Club Scholarships. Each Z-Club Scholarship is a $1,250 college scholarship established by the Zonta Club of Hilton Head Island to recognize senior high school students who are members of a local Z-Club and who demonstrate leadership in their school and community. Details: www.zontahhi.org OTHER
- Summer office hours are available at www.hhca.org. HILTON HEAD ISLAND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Students in first through fifth grades can attend an art camp July 11-15. The camp will be held at the school under the direction of art teacher Treva Kent. Details: 843-342-4266 HILTON HEAD PREPARATORY SCHOOL
- Summer office hours are 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 9 a.m.-noon Fridays.
- For information on summer programs, go to www.hhprep.org or contact Liz Nash at 843-671-2286, ext. 327, or firstname.lastname@example.org. MAY RIVER MONTESSORI
- Summer camp for primary and elementary students will be July 25 to Aug. 5. To submit items for "Class Notes," send them to The Island Packet, P.O. Box 5727, Hilton Head Island, SC 29938. Fax to 706-3070 or email email@example.com.