Fifty-seven nonprofit organizations in Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper counties will receive $500,000 in grants later this week.
During a reception Friday at the Arts Council of Beaufort County, the Beaufort Fund, a subsidiary of the Coastal Community Foundation, will award $500,000 in one-year and multi-year grants to area nonprofit organizations.
Edna Crews, regional director of the Coastal Community Foundation, said the grants help those who help others.
"These organizations truly make a difference in our communities," Crews said in a news release.
The Beaufort Fund has awarded more than $4 million in grants since its creation in 1998, the release said.
Thirty-nine nonprofit agencies were selected for one-year grants, and 18 others will receive the second installment of a three-year grant.
Among the 18 nonprofit agencies receiving three-year grants:
• Boys and Girl Club of the Lowcountry
• Child Abuse Prevention Association
• Citizens Opposed to Domestic Violence
• Friends of Caroline Hospice
• Literacy Volunteers of the Lowcountry
• Hope Haven of the Lowcountry
• Meals on Wheels of Bluffton/Hilton Head Island.
Among others receiving one-year grants were:
• 14th Judicial Circuit Solicitor's Office
• Beaufort Women's Center
• Arts Council of Beaufort County
• Hilton Head Regional Habitat for Humanity
• Technical College of the Lowcountry.